In this section you can find several answers to the most pertinent and common questions regarding the universe u-eat.
Nevertheless, in case you have not been able to see your doubts clarified you can always contact us, sending us a message.
This information is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or other healthcare professional. You should not use this information to diagnose a health problem or condition. Always consult your doctor and/or nutritionist.
What are u-eat's goals?
We want to raise the concept of healthy eating!
The nutrients in the food we eat - water, proteins, lipids, fibers, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals - affect specific and essential functions of our bodies.
Knowing the chemical composition and nutritional value on food, allows us to identify their health impacts.
Our goal is to relate and map the composition of nutrients, providing the necessary and correct knowledge to adopt for a given clinical profile that provides adequate, complete and balanced nutrition, and that promotes quality of life and well-being.
How we achieve our goals?
- Promote access to research in the areas of nutrition and health;
- Present the Food Composition Charts of several countries to cover greater food diversity and the latest information on nutrients according to the user's geographic location;
- Identify the highest number of correlations between nutrients and their benefits/harms for a given clinical condition;
- Filtering the ingredients that most benefit or harm a given clinical profile, based on the results of the scientific studies in the area of health and nutrition;
- Develop features which will allow a better balanced diet management.
What to expect from this service?
u-eat was designed to provide the knowledge and advice needed for proper food management based on existing scientific research.
What is the value and duration of the license to use this service?
The initial license fee is €14.90 with a period of one year subscription. You can choose other services, such as unlimited time, or more profiles.
During the pre-release period you benefit from a 250% discount if you join u-eat. You can also purchase additional services, such as multiple profiles to include your family members or extend them during your leave.
You will then be issued with your invoice and sent by email - please be sure to fill in your complete details when registering.
How can I make the payment?
Payments can be made by:
- Bank Transfer to IBAN PT50 0046 0331 0060 0272 9558 4;
- Credit Card;
- Multibanco Reference (only available on Portugal).
How is my personal data protected?
"The processing of personal data must be processed in a transparent manner and in strict respect for privacy, as well as fundamental rights, freedoms and guarantees." (Portugues Law n.º 67/98 de 26 de October)
The protection of your personal data is extremely important, in this sense your data will only be collected for the specific purposes, explicit and legitimate, and can not be further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes.
For more information, please see Legal
What rights do I have with my data?
As defined on European Data Protection Rules
, the user, after registered, as the following rights:
- Right to information;
- Right of access;
- Right of rectification and elimination;
- Right of opposition.